A Study Guide for March 5th
Please read Matthew 4: 1-11 and use these notes to prepare for Sunday morning worship.
Sermon Focus: CrossFit For The Soul: Need For Change
Key Verse: “Jesus replied, ‘It’s written, People won’t live only by bread, but by every word spoken by God.’” (Matthew 4:4)
- Bread stands as metaphor in this passage for the things of this world. What of this world do you find yourself relying on for wholeness rather than God’s Love for you?
- How might you seek to let go of the things of this world to draw closer to God?
Key Verse: “Jesus replied, ‘Again it’s written, Don’t test the Lord your God.’” (Matthew 4: 7)
- Do you ever find yourself testing God? Perhaps even in as simple of a manner as saying “If you provide me with a parking space I’ll go to church more often”
- Faith is the practice of believing without seeing. How do you struggle with faith?
- Are there examples in your life which you can point to as moments when you felt connected to God, absent of God’s direct intervention?
Connection for Today:
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” These words from Gandhi challenge us to take action and accountability of our lives. If we desire for God’s love to reign in the world then we must first be for the world God’s Love.