Please read Psalm 138, Micah 6: 6-8, and Luke 17:11-19 and use these notes to prepare for Sunday morning worship.
Sermon Focus: “Giving Thanks”
Key Verse: “On the day I called, you answered me, you strengthen my life.” Psalm 138:3
- Have you ever found yourself calling out to God? If so why?
- How does God strengthen your life?
Key Verse: “God has shown you, o mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord requires of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
- In what ways do you see doing justice, loving kindness, and walking humbly with God as acts of giving thanks?
- Where do you see justice, kindness, and humility being lived out in our world?
- In response to God’s providence in your life, how might you use Micah 6:8 as a guide for giving thanks?
Thoughts for Today:
John Wesley teaches: “Thanksgiving is inseparable from true prayer; it is almost essentially connected with it. One who always prays is ever giving praise, whether in ease or pain, both for prosperity and for the greatest adversity. He blesses God for all things, looks on them as coming from Him, and receives them for His sake- not choosing nor refusing, liking or disliking, anything, but only as it is agreeable or disagreeable to His perfect will.” May we take this teaching to heart as we offer thanks to our creator in all that we do.